A Map for Young Adults:
When you travel to a new city, it helps to have a map close at hand. On the first day of school, you need to have your schedule of classes. And if you’ve been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or suspect you may have it, then it’s even more important to have a guidebook within reach.
Navigating Your Life with Bipolar Disorder:
Facing Bipolar will help you navigate the world of medications, therapists, and the up and down mood cycles common to the disorder. It clearly explains what bipolar disorder is and provides sound guidance for developing the necessary coping skills to manage its impact on your life.
In this book you’ll discover:
- What bipolar disorder is and whether you may have it
- How therapy and medications can help
- The impact of denial during early phases of the disorder, and how you can begin todevelop long-term acceptance
- The four key factors that will bring more stability to your life
- When and how to tell your friends, roommates, parents and teachers about your disorder
- How to access and effectively utilize university mental-health resources
- The all-important role of a personal and professional support network
- How to envision a positive future with bipolar disorder
Read or listen to audio file excerpts of the book.
Learn more about the authors.